Previously, at the end of every year, I would put up a long blog post (sometimes so long it has to be separated into 2 posts) as a recap on what I did over the year. This year, I decided to make a video instead, since I found a bunch of videos I took over the year when I was sorting out my memory drive. It was so much fun looking at them, knowing how fruitful this year had been for me.
It is a 5-minute video which I swear, is filled with joy and worth watching.
Many of the videos were taken when I was spending quality time with my friends. Some of my highlights of the year were not videoed, so I am still going to list them down as a reminder for myself and many of you for being a part of this journey.
My 2014 highlights include:
- Turning 21 and having a crazy night that day
- Traveled to San Francisco
- Had a solo in Murder Mystery, a musical in my faculty
- Conducted a 1.5-hour performance as the Performance Director of UBC’s annual Malaysia Singapore Night
- Got involved as the Associate VP Marketing in the Commerce Undergraduate Society
- Got involved as the President of UBC Operation Smile Club
- Got my first blackout experience at AMS Block Party
- Got addicted to Blogilates workout routine
- Attended my cousin Cindy’s Wedding
- Took my niece Melissa on a trip to Singapore, just the 2 of us
- Took up a swimming lesson
- Got myself a new pink bicycle
- Got myself a new microphone
- Went bungee jumping with my favourite friends in Vancouver
- Traveled to the Rockies
- Joined the Color Me Rad 5k Run
- Built and painted a 36″ x 65″ peep-through carnival board for the CUS, all by myself
- Rebranded this blog, and decided to go with the productivity/positivity theme instead of my personal life updates
- Hiked up to Garibaldi Lake
- Hiked the Stawamus Chief
- Watched a Jason Mraz Concert
- Watched a Kina Grannis Concert
- Dressed up as Olaf during Halloween
- Traveled to Seattle
I know, it is insane to look at how many cool stuff I did within the last 365 days. It is nice to know that I have put my university time to good use.
I don’t know if you remember reading this list of goals I set earlier this year, but I managed to strike off almost every single one of my New Years resolutions. In fact, I am actually more proud of myself for these things I achieved over the year. My grades improved, I got involved in extracurricular activities that I am interested in, I engaged into a healthy lifestyle, I learned new skills, I traveled to new places and I checked quite a few stuff off my bucket list.
It might seem to be really glorious to have achieved so much in a year, but keep in mind that the journey to achieving these wasn’t easy too. I had to make a lot of choices; choosing between spending time with friends or time to study, sacrificing my money when I want to do fun stuff or travelling. And things, they don’t always go my way too.
2014 has been a roller coaster ride for me. I learned to love myself more than I ever did. I became stronger, became more persistent and determined towards my dreams and goals. I learned to fall and get back up again, that if I don’t give up on myself and my dreams, they won’t give up on me too.
My 2014 New Year’s resolutions have done me good, so I am going to spend the next 2 days thinking of my goals for 2015. If you are motivated to achieve as much as I had over this beautiful year, I will be posting about ways you can achieve your New Year’s resolutions, ways to stay motivated and other productivity tips here throughout the month of January. Stay tuned for my first 2015 productivity post on Friday! 😉