I am a lifestyle blogger, content marketer, YouTuber and an aspiring social entrepreneur. I know, that’s many different labels for this tiny ass, four-feet eleven Asian girl but that’s me. Your typical ENFP – the one with a lot of ideas and many friends. The extraverted, expressive and very emotional energizer bunny.
I used to be the most driven, fearless and happy person in the room until depression and PTSD hit me when I was 21 as a result of a traumatic event. Since then, a part of me changed. I had to learn to deal with the irreparable hole in my heart while I figure out how to adult. Searching for my purpose in life, learning to handle my finances, trying to achieve work-life balance, all the while making my Asian parents proud. Is that even humanly possible? #thestruggleisreal
I had been blogging here since 2008 (yeap it’s been almost 10 years now) and this blog is my baby that have been through thick and thin with me. It is a lifestyle blog where I share my learnings in staying healthy and productive, my experience in starting my own creative business, my love for books and music, my henna/photography/music art pieces, and many more. It is a space I created to spread love and share the realness of life on the internet.
Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here!
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am obsessed with avocados.
- I am a quarter Dutch, 3 quarter Malaysian-Chinese.
- I lived in the ever Beautiful British Columbia, Canada for 4 years throughout my university life.
- My parents didn’t pay for my entire tertiary education and living expenses abroad because I got a big fat scholarship.
- I went through 11 years of all-girl school and have 2 sisters, even my sister’s kids are girls. #GIRLPOWER
- I drive a 16-year old manual car.
- My Tinder profile (before I deleted the app) says “My passion for cheesecake and ice-cream is equal to my passion for yoga and running” – Yeap, they still are!
- And yes, I’m still single.
- I love singing and I play the guitar and ukulele. They appear on my YouTube channel occasionally.
- I enjoy random adventures like hiking and giving free hugs and eating bugs, but I also enjoy sitting in my bed in my PJs with a good book.
- Yes, I take my bucket list a little bit too seriously.
- I was never a sports person my entire life. I only started working out during university after gaining freshman 15.
- I ran my first half marathon in May 2016.
- I’ve successfully helped many girls switch from pads to tampons and menstrual cup.
- Lady Gaga > Beyonce